Terms & Conditions
Hello and welcome to this information which outlines for you what is associated with visiting and accessing information from my website.
This website, https://live-life-well.com.au/is owned and operated by Alison Mac Taggart, ABN 13143399405. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact me:
Alison Mac Taggart
I am a sole trader and work from home a lot and so don’t share my office address. If you need to write to me, email or send mail to:
Alison Mac Taggart
PO Box 765
Bega NSW 2550
This document sets out the Terms and Conditions you need to be aware of when using this website. Please take a moment to read them, as they set out your important rights and obligations and I care about making sure you know what the terms are for visiting and leaving details on this website.
When you visit this website, access my offerings or purchase my products you agree that you are over the age of 16 and willing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t accept this agreement, you should not continue to visit this website or purchase my offerings.
These terms may be changed or modified from time to time. Please check back regularly so that you are up to date with any changes.
There may be additional specific terms of service provided to you in relation to my offerings/training/ courses and products. If there is any inconsistency between this document and those specific terms of service, this document is overruled to the extent of the inconsistency.
All products and services advertised on this website are offered in compliance with Australian Consumer Law.
Disclaimer for Offerings and Products
I offer an extensive range of strands to support you, including training, individual guidance, practices and products. Underpinning each of these strands is a passion and a commitment to support you to live life well. The terms and conditions outlined here apply to all of my services and products.
- Training in Yoga and Yoga Nidra Teaching
- Yoga and Meditation Classes
- Workshops and Retreats
- Life Guidance that includes individualized practices and tools
- Lifestyle guidance (including catering) for those living with specific health conditions and/or dietary limitations
- Aromatherapy Products
MY INTENTION AND RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
My intention in offering these services and products is to support and inspire you to live as well as you can, irrespective of whatever challenges or change may be present for you at this time.
I offer these services and products with the intention to provide you with a high quality service. I am committed to continuing professional development in each of the streams of my business; I integrate research evidence into the practices and tools that I offer; and I am dedicated to maintaining my own personal journey of discovery and evolvement so that I can offer services and tools that come from a place of authenticity and integrity.
Please be aware that the services and tools offered are offered on a general basis and are not designed to take the place of specialist and/or medical advice. If you have a specific health condition or are pregnant or have any other particular circumstances, you are responsible for checking with your health or relevant practitioner that the practices are suitable for you before undertaking any of the services offered. In particular, use of essential oils should be approached with great care as many of them are contraindicated for specific health conditions. Please follow the guidelines provided on labels and instructions sheets if you make purchases of these items.
I have a wealth of qualifications and life experience that enables me to offer the various strands of my business but at the heart of them all is a passion to support myself and others to live well.
- BA (Hons) Degree in Humanities (Psychology/Literature);
- Diploma of Classical Yoga & Meditation Teaching (1400 hours);
- Cert 1V in Training and Assessment;
- Cert IV in New Small Business;
- First Aid Certification;
- and a host of shorter training qualifications in relation to Yoga, Trauma, Mental Health and related topics;
- Life experience that has sent me endless opportunities to respond to change with openness, trust and insight.
Website Content Disclaimer
On this website you will find information, links, courses, retreats, training, blogs and products that are offered to support you to live life well. The information and services provided are there to help you decide if my offerings are beneficial for you in taking charge of how you want to live your life.
Content policy and my responsibility to you
The content of this website has been researched, developed and written by me, except where other sources are acknowledged. Content has been developed with thought and consideration and is intended to convey to you my life experience, qualifications, expertise and other qualities to help you decide if you wish to make use of any of my services. Many of the practices I offer and teach are evidenced based to keep you healthy and support you to live well, but this does not replace any advice or treatment from your health practitioner.
Your visit to my website is purely that. It does not require you to do anything except read the pages that resonate with you and consider whether you wish to follow up on a particular offering.
As you have visited my website, I know you are interested in taking charge of your own life. You clearly understand that you are responsible for your own physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness while browsing the internet and exploring sites like my own. Anything you read or listen to here was written or recorded for a general audience. Some practices that I offer may not be suitable for specific physical or mental conditions. You should NOT act on anything you read or listen to here without seeking independent, professional advice specific to your health situation and/or life circumstances.
This site offers free and paid downloads. As it is in my interest as well as yours, I have invested a lot of time and effort to ensure that my website remains secure and that these files are safe to download. However I am not responsible if a virus or similar occurs due to downloading such files. It is important that you maintain your own digital protection and safety while using the internet.
There are times when I may offer links to my peers in the health and wellness field and other third party sites. These are offered solely for your interest and I take no responsibility for the content of these sites nor endorse any products they offer. If there is any business relationship I may have with these external sites, I will make this clear. I endeavor to only provide links to highly regarded businesses, any relationship you may enter into with them is solely at your own discretion.
What’s involved in using my services?
I love to inspire, support and work with others who are dealing with adjustments in their life and who are consciously seeking to live more skillfully:
- you may be experiencing a major life milestone that is throwing up new ways in which you have to see the world;
- you may have just been diagnosed with a chronic or terminal illness;
- you may simply just want to live with more awareness and skill;
- you want guidance to find your life purpose;
- or perhaps you are seeking to find who you are – beyond the limiting aspects of the mundane world.
It is important to be aware that if you choose to participate in any of my services, there may be times when strong mental and/or emotional feelings arise. This is all part of the work I do to support others to navigate change. It is designed to assist you to understand who you are so that you can harness your own inner resources to enable yourself to live more skillfully through shifting times. If at any point you feel that the practices and tools offered are creating an overwhelming experience for you, you are absolutely free to stop these practices without any undue pressure from me. I can provide the names and contacts of others who offer professional support in the areas that are outside my scope of expertise. You should never feel obliged to continue to practice or do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy, or creates any kind of pain for you, whether physical or emotional.
With particular reference to aromatherapy products, it is important that you are aware that essential oils are potent substances and their use can involve risks. Instruction and safety sheets are provided with essential oil blends and it is important that you read and follow these so that you are aware of any risks associated with a particular essential oil or carrier product. Essential oils can cause harm to pregnant women, those with high and low blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, epilepsy and many other health conditions. Many of them should never be ingested or some should only be ingested under the guidance of a qualified practitioner. Any information provided here is for general purposes only and you should seek the advice of your Doctor or other health practitioner before using such products to support your own health.
Specific Instructions for Life Guidance sessions:
If you choose to work with me in taking charge of how you navigate your life, it is assumed that you will have reflected and concluded that:
- you feel ready to explore the patterns or belief systems that limit you;
- you are comfortable to sit with disturbance in what may arise for you in different sessions or workshops;
- and that you are willing to be open to suggestions or guidance from me about what might be helpful to move through this shift in your experience.
Although I have extensive qualifications in a range of professional areas that enable me to support you to live well and to navigate change in your life, I am not a qualified Mental Health practitioner. If the need for professional mental health support should arise, I will encourage you to seek this support with someone who has qualifications in areas that are beyond the extent of my expertise.
Everything you read on this site (apart from quotes that are credited) has been researched and thoughtfully written by me in a way that expresses my own passions and knowledge and expertise. I offer free classes, consultation chats, and downloads with generosity but please do not steal my words (including carefully crafted phrasing in Yoga Nidra meditations). This is contrary to the yogic principles of asteya (non-stealing – where you refrain from taking anything that is not freely offered to you) and aparigraha (non-grasping – where you covet others’ qualities or talents). Work from your higher potential, express your own words and wisdom and influence your karma positively.
The content of this website and in all my handouts, resources and course materials is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world, with all rights reserved.
You must not use the content or copies of the content provided on this website in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
You are welcome to share blog posts or other publicly available content through social media, but you must provide a link back to this website.
You may link to my home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage my reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on my part where none exists.
If you are a student participating in my training, course content may be printed or downloaded to a local hard disk for your personal and non-commercial use only. You must not provide extracts of any course content to anyone else without my permission.
Classes, workshops, retreats and some products can be directly purchased from my website. I try to offer a range of payment options to meet your needs. I offer PayPal, direct credit into my bank account and can also send you a Square link if you wish to pay by Credit Card. Email me if you wish me to send you this link.
I use third party providers such as PayPal and Square and do not keep a separate record of customer account details.
I will provide a Tax Invoice once payments are received. All services and products must be paid for before they are delivered. However if you would really love to access a service but are currently experiencing difficult financial times, I may be able to offer a payment plan or a discounted price. I know what it is like to experience times of financial hardship and have been supported by others to live through this and would like to be able to offer the same support to others. Please email me to discuss this.
I deliver services in a variety of formats:
- Face to face for individual consultancy, yoga & meditation classes, retreats, workshops and training.
- Via zoom for some yoga & meditation classes and one on one consultancy. When sessions are delivered via zoom, I will send out the link and installation instructions so that you can easily link in. Guidelines for what to do to prepare or what to wear are provided once you have booked in for a particular session.
- Training sessions are offered both as online and in person formats.
- Sales of products are only offered at markets and by direct purchase from my office.
A free 30 minute initial consultation is available at certain times on Monday-Thursday. Please email me or use contact form from this website and I will get back to you to arrange a suitable time for us to chat.
If we agree to work together, for any ongoing appointments, once a fixed time is agreed, please try to keep this. Of course things happen for all of us that change our commitments and so if you need to cancel a scheduled appointment that can be managed. Please try to do this at least 4 hours in advance and I will reschedule as soon as another time slot is available. If you do not attend for an agreed appointment and do not provide any notice, 50% of the hourly fee will be payable.
Waiver of Liability
I make all reasonable efforts to ensure that my services and products meet with the highest standards of best practice and research evidence. If something does go wrong that is not a direct result of my negligence, misrepresentation or deliberate fault, you agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, I will not be liable for any damages whatsoever.
Refund Policy & Consumer Guarantees
What to do if you are not satisfied with a product or service
I strive to ensure you are happy with my services and products. If something has gone wrong, I am keen to understand what that is so that I can address your concerns and try to find a mutually acceptable solution.
If you feel that there is any problem with my services or products, please give me a call or email me and I will strive to resolve the issue. Please let me know as soon as you can (within 24 hours or before the end of a session).
Essential Oil Products
The ideal thing for both you and me is that you sample the testers and think carefully before deciding on which essential oil products to purchase. I aim to please customers with the blends that I create. However, if you are unhappy with an essential oil product, please let me know as soon as you can and I will refund you or offer a credit for other products to the same value of the original item.
If you purchase an essential oil product and you simply change your mind, I will refund or exchange as long as you have not used or tampered with the product in any way.
Yoga & Meditation Classes
I am generous in how I share yoga with others. First classes are offered free to those who are unsure; discounts are offered to those who purchase by the term; and more flexible ways can be offered if you are keen to attend a class but are on a low income.
As you are likely to have been offered a free first class, I will assume that if you attend after this, you are choosing to do so as you enjoy the system of yoga I offer. If you pay for a term and then change your mind, I will consider whether a refund for the classes not participated in can be offered. If a term discount is included in your purchase and you are unable to attend any week for minor illness or other reason, you will not receive a refund for any missed classes, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Workshops & Retreats
Workshops and retreats are generally booked and paid for in advance. If you are unable to attend a workshop or retreat that you have paid for, and there are extenuating circumstances, a full refund will be considered if the vacated spot in the workshop can be filled. Otherwise a partial refund will be offered (with a deduction of 10% if cancelling 2 weeks or more before the workshop or retreat, and 20% if cancelling less than 2 weeks before the workshop is held, and 50% if cancelling 24 hours before the workshop is held.
Yoga Nidra Training
Yoga Nidra Training is a major commitment to your learning and professional development and you should consider carefully whether this training is appropriate and valuable for you to invest in. Live Life Well Yoga Nidra Training includes specific payment conditions:
- A non-refundable deposit of $108 is paid when you submit your registration form to secure your place on the training course.
- 30% of the fees payable two months before start date of the course.
- 30% of the fees payable one month before start date of the course.
- Remainder of the fees at final assessment.
- If you enrol in the training and there is not enough lead up time to pay for the course as outlined above, a payment plan may be agreed.
- If fees are not paid on time, you risk not being issued with certification.
- If you pay full fees for the course and are unable to participate in the training due to extenuating circumstances, a refund or exchange will be discussed. I aim to keep you happy while ensuring that I do not incur a major loss.
Limitation of liability
I take my obligations under Australian Consumer Law seriously and will do my best to address any issues that arise. However, even if there is a major problem, my liability is strictly limited to:
- replacing the goods or providing the services again; or
- if I am unable to do so within a reasonable time, paying the cost of having the relevant goods or services supplied to you again.
I reserve the right to delete any comments on my website or social media accounts that are rude, offensive, or denigrate others on the basis of their race or culture, sexual identity, or physical ability that I consider to be unacceptable. Please respect my wishes and value and accept the diversity of the community we live in.
Dispute Resolution & Jurisdiction
- If you have any concerns, issues or complaint arising out of your use of this website, my products or services, or these terms and conditions, you agree to communicate with me with the intention of making a genuine effort to seek an outcome that works for us both, and to try to resolve the dispute through negotiation and discussion.
- Please contact me as soon as you have an issue or complaint so that I can start to resolve this in the best way possible for both of us. See my contact details at the top of this document.
- All information exchanged during this negotiation process or any subsequent dispute resolution process, shall be regarded as “without prejudice” communications for the purpose of settlement negotiations and shall be treated as confidential by everyone involved and their representatives, unless otherwise required by law. However, evidence that is independently admissible or discoverable shall not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable by virtue of its use during the dispute resolution process.
- If we are unable to resolve a dispute by negotiation and discussion within 14 days, we agree to proceed to mediation with the assistance of an independent accredited mediator, seeking online dispute resolution or mediation by telephone if we are not both in NSW, Australia.
- The mediator is to be appointed by agreement between us or, failing agreement within 21 days of the negotiation period ending, the person initiating the dispute will seek the appointment of a dispute resolution professional by the President of the Law Society of NSW or similar neutral authority.
- We agree to share all the costs of mediation equally between us.
- We agree that neither of us will commence legal action until, in the opinion of the independent mediator, the potential for negotiation and mediation have been exhausted.
- Everyone involved in the dispute agrees that they will not publicly or privately disparage any other party or anyone associated with them, and will act in good faith to refrain from any conduct or communication which might reasonably be expected to interfere with any other party’s business or personal interests.
- This agreement is subject to the governing law of NSW. Regardless of where you live in the world, you irrevocably agree that if the dispute resolution processes fail, the courts of NSW and the Commonwealth of Australia, will have exclusive jurisdiction.